What is

The networking world is colossal and with that being said, you can see myriad WiFi devices fulfilling the internet requirements of users. But, are you aware of the element through which these devices communicate over the internet? Well, the answer is IP address. IP addresses can also be compared with postal addresses of houses that helps a postman to deliver a letter to the target. Here, the internet serves as a postman and the IP acts as a postal address to which internet has to send a particular request for communication. is one such IP. Read on. Login Steps [How to Access Router Web Portal]

Without any problem, one can access the IP like or on his/her mobile phone or tablet, we suggest you go with a computer. The bigger screen will provide you a clear view of all the menus appearing on the WiFi router/modem/extender dashboard. Here are the steps explaining the detailed process of making use of this IP address for managing the home network created with the help of the corresponding networking device:

  • Connect your computer to the SSID of the networking device.
  • Once done, load an internet browser like Chrome or Edge.
  • Into the address field, type the IP and press Enter.
  • You will see the login screen of your networking device (router/modem/extender).
  • There, input the login details and select the Login option.
Note: In the points, we’ve mentioned the term “networking device”. Remember that, we are trying to talk about the router/modem/extender for which you are accessing the IP address. Not Working [Reasons and Resolutions]

Wrong IP Entry Outdated Web Browser Wrong Network
Know that when you keep entering the IP address incorrectly, it will never for you. Avoid entering the IP like 192.168 l 254.254 login. Plus, be very sure that you input the IP address into the URL field. The web browser plays a pivotal role in determining the success rate of the process of accessing the login IP. It must be updated one. Therefore, get the browser updated as soon as possible via its settings section. May be you are failing to access the login IP address because you are connected to a WiFi network that does not belong to the WiFi gateway that you are trying to manage. So, connect to the correct network.

Still Cannot Access Router IP?

There are 90% chances that you will get successful in reaching the gateway’s login page via But, if we take into account the rest 10% case you should restart the device. In order to restart or reboot, unplug your router or modem from the electrical outlet and wait for some time. In the end, plug it back into its respective power outlet.

Reset Router If Login Does Not Work

Resetting is a phenomenal hack that you should follow if you are still facing issues accessing the default IP of your router/modem/extender. The reset process remains the same no matter whether your device works on the IP in discussion or the IP. If you do not know how to reset the device you own, you ought to give a shot at the steps highlighted below:

  • Ensure that the device that you are about to reset is connected to a working power outlet.
  • After that, disconnect all sort of devices connected to your networking gadget.
  • Once done, locate the Reset button and press it using a sharp object like a paper clip.
  • Hold the button and very soon you will see that your device is running on the default settings

The minute your WiFi gateway (router or modem) returns to its factory settings, you have to set it up once again with the help of the IP address. And yes, be sure that you use the correct IP address this time.

192.168 l 254.254 vs

192.168 l 254.254
This is a completely wrong IP entry. This is the correct IP address for various devices.
192.168 l 254.254 won’t take you anywhere. You will see the login page of your networking device.
It has a letter mentioned in it that cannot be called as an IP address. Since is a set of digits separated by periods, it can be called a genuine IP.

We think that we’ve discussed enough about It is anticipated that after considering the info provided on this page, you will be able to access the administration portal of your router or modem without any hassle. You will also be able to perform a factory default reset in case of failure.

Disclaimer: 192-168-1.co is an online information platform. All the information published on the website is for informational purposes only. We do not claim any sponsorship or endorsement of any third-party company.