192.168.12.1 | Netgear Router Admin Login
192.168.12.1 is a private IP address assigned by IANA and also known as the default IP address of WiFi routers. It is also used to access the admin login page of the routers.
192.168.12.1| How to Log in to Netgear Router?
If you want to log in to your WiFi router using the IP address, you need to follow the instructions highlighted below in the exact given order:
- Turn on your WiFi router. Once you are done turning it on, wait for the LEDs on itto turn solid.
- Now, connect your PC or laptop to the router’s WiFi network (SSID). You can make a connection between them wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
- Open an internet browser now.
- Thereafter, after opening the web browser, you need to enter 192.168.12.1 IP in the URL bar and press the Enter key.
- The WiFi router login page displays.
- Input the default router’s username and password (if not changed) into the fields provided.
- However, if you have changed the login credentials, used the customized ones.
- Click the Log In button.
Thus, in this manner, you can log in to your WiFi router using 192.168.12.1 IP without any ado.
What is 192.168.12.1 Login Username and Password?
If you haven’t changed the default login details of your WiFi router, then the details would be:
- Admin name – “admin” or “password”
- Password – “password” or “admin”
Note: The login details of your WiFi router are case sensitive (lower case). So, do not include any spaces, special characters, or quotes.
What if You Have Lost or Forgotten the Details?
On the off chance, you have changed the default router’s admin details but forgotten or lost them, then resetting router will erase all the customize settings and set your router back to factory default values. To reset your WiFi router, here are the step-by-step instructions that you need to follow.
How to Reset Router via Reset Button?
- First of all, you have to disconnect your WiFi router from your client device.
- Once you are done with the disconnecting process, locate the router’s reset hole.
- Press it and wait for a few seconds.
Thus, in this manner, you can reset your router using the Reset button.
Reset Netgear Router via Web Browser
Your router can also be reset via a web browser. Just follow the instructions highlighted below to get the job done:
- Ensuring a steady power supply to your router, make a wireless or Ethernet connection between your device and your PC/ laptop.
- Log in to your WiFi router via 192.168.12.1.
- A login window will display.
- Access the Settings page of your router and click on Advanced > Reboot.
- Wait for some time for your router to reboot properly.
The very first things that you have to do after resetting is to set up your WiFi router. After setting up the router, you can customize the router login details and SSID using the instructions provided in the upcoming sections.
Change Netgear Router Admin Details
- Load up an internet browser from your client device that is connected to the SSID of your WiFi router.
- Enter 192.168.12.1 or 192.168.1.1 IP in the address bar.
- Router login window will display.
- Input the existing router’s admin name and password.
- router’s dashboard will display.
- Select Wireless. Now, you need to enter the new yet unique router’s password in the password (Network key) field and click on Apply to save the changes.
Change Netgear Router SSID
Changing the router’s SSID (WiFi network name) is always a good idea to keep it safe from anonymous people and unauthorized access. But, if you have frequent guest at your home that keeps on asking for your WiFi password, then we suggest you set up a separate guest network. Doing so will keep guests/ visitors from needing use to your router’s WiFi at all, which will help you keeping your connection safer.
- To change the router’s SSID, follow the instructions highlighted below:
- Access the dashboard of your WiFi router via 192.168.12.1.
- Select Wireless and then, enter the router’s SSID in the provided field, and click on Apply.
Your settings will be saved shortly.
192.168.12.1 Not Working
On the off chance, the router’s IP, 192.168.12.1 doesn’t work for you, use 192.168.1.1 instead. And, if the second one doesn’t help you either, then check the IP address entrée, ensure it is free from typing errors, update your web browser.
Just in case, the non-working of the IP address continues to trouble you, then use the copy-paste technique or try using the browser’s private window.
What is the Copy-Paste Technique?
The technique is to copy 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.12.1 IP IP and paste in the browser’s URL bar.
Thus, in this manner, you can do router login using 192.168.12.1 IP.