What is 10.0.0.1?
10.0.0.1 is a private IP address that is used by various router brands to have access to the login page. Every networking device like a router, modem, extender, mesh system, etc. is assigned an IP address. That IP address is used by the specific device to communicate across the internet.
You simply insert the IP address in the URL bar of the browser to access the 10.0.0.1 login page of your router. Since this is a private IP, it communicates only within the internal network. That means you should be connected to the local network to access the 10.0.0.1 admin login page.
Keep on reading further to know more about the IP address and the login process of the router.
How to do 10.0.0.1 Login?
You can quickly log in to your router using the 10.0.0.1 admin password and its username. The key requirement is a device connected to the local network with an updated and supported web browser installed on it.
Before You Log In and Access 10.0.0.1 Admin
We did mention earlier that 10.0.0.1 is a private IP address. Hence it will work only within the internal network. Before you begin the 10.0.0.1 login process, do this:
Verify the Connections
You should first verify the connections. The router and the modem should be firmly connected to each other. You should check the Ethernet cable connected to them. It must be intact. After verifying the connection, you can proceed further.
Switch on the Router
The router must be powered up and should be receiving a consistent electricity supply. You can check the Power LED on the router. If it is stabilized then this means everything is fine with the power supply. If the Power light is not stable and you find an issue, plug the router into an alternative power outlet.
10.0.0.1 Admin Login Instructions
The instructions to go to the router login page and then access the 10.0.0.1 admin dashboard are highlighted ahead:
- Connect your computer or laptop to the router’s WiFi first.
- If the WiFi connection does not work for some reason, use a LAN cable to connect the PC to the router.
- Run a supported and updated internet browser on the PC. You can use any as per your liking.
- Hover the cursor to the location bar of the search engine that you are using.
- Insert 10.0.0.1 carefully without making any spelling mistakes.
- Press the Enter key to proceed ahead.
- The 10.0.0.1 login window will display itself.
- In the given fields, insert the username and password vigilantly. Make no typos. Check that the Caps Lock key is disabled as the 10.0.0.1 admin password is case-sensitive.
- Click Sign In or Log In.
You have reached the 10.0.0.1 admin dashboard now. You will find various settings that you can customize now according to your requirements.
What if You Can’t Log in Using 10.0.0.1?
Despite using the correct instructions in the same way as given above, if you fail to log in to your router via the IP address, then the very first thing that you should confirm is if 10.0.0.1 is the right IP assigned to your router.
You can check the IP address of your router either by using Command Prompt or in the settings.
Find IP Using Command Prompt
On Windows PC
- In the Windows search bar type cmd.
- The command prompt will open up.
- Type ipconfig and hit Enter.
- The IP address in front of Default Gateway is the IP address for your router.
On Mac OS
- Click on the Apple icon.
- Open System Preferencs.
- Click Network.
- If it is an Ethernet connection, you will find the router IP address under the Ethernet option.
- In case you are connected to the router’s WiFi, then click WiFi and then click on Advanced.
- Next, Click TCP/IP.
- Here you will find the router’s IP address displayed.
Get IP via Settings
- Click on the Windows Search bar and type Settings.
- Next, click Network & Internet.
- Click Ethernet > Properties. IP is displayed here.
- If connected to WiFi then click WiFi > Properties. Get the IP address that is displayed here.
This is how you can find the IP Address of your router. Now use this IP address to log in to your router.
Tips to Avoid 10.0.0.1 Login Issues
- The device must be connected to the local network securely.
- Use an updated and supported web browser.
- Try using an alternative search engine.
- You should use different devices to log in if you face errors.
- Clear out the cache and cookies from the browser.
- Disable VPN if you are using any.
- Allow router access in the firewall settings.
- Make no typing mistakes in the IP address or the admin credentials.
- Reboot the router once and then try to log in to the router.
- Power cycle the entire network if rebooting only the router does not help.
This is all about how to log in to your router using the private IP address 10.0.0.1. We have also mentioned some important tips that will help you eliminate any login issues. You can now log in to your router whenever you feel the need and make the desired changes to its settings.