How to Do CenturyLink Login: A Complete Guide
If you want a WiFi device that provides you whole-home WiFi coverage throughout the house, then CenturyLink router would be a better option. Just access the CenturyLink Login settings page, set it up, and experience the change.
But, 99 percent of users don’t know how to access the settings page of the CenturyLink router. Considering you are amongst them, this post can really be a great help to you. Here, we have provided step-by-step instructions that will help you with the router login process right from the comfort of your home. Keep reading the post!
Instructions to Do CenturyLink Login
To log in to your CenturyLink router, you need to follow the instructions highlighted below in the same way they are provided:
- Step 1: Plug in your router first and then you need to wait for it to boot up.
- Step 2: After powering it, take an Ethernet cable.
- Step 3: Connect one end of the cable to your PC and the other end to the router.
Don’t want to connect the devices using an Ethernet source? Ok! Just connect them in a wireless manner. How? On your PC, click on the WiFi icon. Doing so will open the list of WiFi networks active within range for you. From the displayed list of the networks, locate your CenturyLink router’s SSID. And, once you find it, connect with it using the WiFi password.
- Step 4: Load up an internet browser, input the router’s default IP, 192.168.0.1 in the URL bar, and press the Enter key.
- Step 5: You will be redirected to the CenturyLink login page. Here, you will have to enter the router’s admin name and password and click on Apply to log in.
And, there you are! You will be redirected to the home page of your CenturyLink router. From here, you can change the SSID and WiFi password of the device in discussion with ease.
What happened? Don’t know the process of changing the router’s SSID and WiFi password? No worries! We have got you covered. In the upcoming sections, you will find the process of changing the router’s SSID and password in a flash. Continue reading the post!
Change Router’s SSID
Once you have accessed the router’s settings page, you can change its SSID (WiFi network name). And, the SSID of the device can be changed through the settings page of the router.
Follow the instructions outlined below and know how to change the router’s SSID:
- Step 1: Log in to your router’s using the instructions highlighted above.
- Step 2: After you log in to your router, locate and click on Wireless Setup to continue further.
- Step 3: From the drop-down menu, locate and click on SSID Setup. Ensure to select the SSID which you want to customize.
- Step 4: Scroll down a little. You will see a SSID field. Over here, you have to enter the new SSID for your router into the fields provided.
- Step 5: Click on Apply to make changes effective.
In this manner, you can change the SSID of your router by accessing the CenturyLink login page.
Change Router’s Password via CenturyLogin Page
Now, we are going to discuss the process of changing the router’s WiFi password. Bear in mind, the password of the device is supposed to be a random mixture of:
- Upper case letters
- And, special characters.
In addition to that, the router’s password must be hard-to-crack and no one should ever hack it. So, we suggest you change the router’s password in a month or 15 days.
To change the password of your CenturyLink router, here are the instructions that you need to follow:
- Step 1: Access the router’s settings page.
- Step 2: Click on Wireless Setup and select Wireless Security from the appearing menu.
- Step 3: Select the SSID of your router and select WPA2 – Personal (security type).
- Step 4: Now, you need to scroll down a little. As soon as you see the “Use Custom Security Key/ Passphrase option, kindly select it.
- Step 5: Enter the WiFi password in the Security Key/ Passphrase field and then click on Apply to make changes effective.
Now, you can try connecting to the router’s network using the new password/ network key.
The Last Words
Now, we are going to put a full stop on a blog on how to do CenturyLink login. We hope that the information we have provided here will help you access the router’s settings page, change its SSID, and WiFi password while relaxing on your couch.